Thursday 2 November 2017

Travel Bugs Travelling the world!

Hello All! Rae here again for another blog,

Not been feeling very well but that's not going to stop me blogging so here goes... an interesting one this time I hope for you all with some pictures from my travel bug pages from the www.geocaching.com website ... Geocaching is like a treasure hunt but for all ages, finding hidden boxes all around the world all different sizes... but this post is not just about them its about the one thing mostly that us 'Cachers' put in them other then the 'Swag' we leave for others... this one is to move from cache or geocache to another geocache and so on... It's the TRAVEL BUG! This is what the company Groundspeak who started it off in the USA said or rather having just googled it in a search engine we all know and love hehe hmm... here goes...:

Simply put, a Groundspeak Travel Bug is a trackable tag that you attach to an item. This allows you to track your item on Geocaching.com. The item becomes a hitchhiker that is carried from cache to cache (or person to person) in the real world and you can follow its progress online.

How do I log a travel bug?
If the goal is to move the Travel Bug to the west coast, don't put the Travel Bug in a cache farther east.
  1. Visit the Cache Listing. Visit the cache listing for the cache in which you placed the Travel Bug. ...
  2. Visit the "log a cache" Page. ...
  3. Select the Travel Bug to drop off.          
  4.  and put it in a cache! tadar! hehe... oh    (cant seem to get rid of the no 4 lol!
    What is the meaning of travel bug?
    travel bug (idiom)- strong desire to travel. to be bitten by the travel bug (idiom)- kind of a cute way to say when someone begins to want to travel. After the "bug" bites you, you will really want to travel. to wander- to go from one place to another without any definite plans.
     
 Now on with some of my TBS pics and where they've been... :


FTF Micro Coin FTF Micro Coin - Use TB640DT to reference this item.

 As simple as:

Current GOAL


FTF MICRO COIN - to travel to all UK caches!

About This Item



A small geocoin

Travelled:

5398mi

 

Rae and Mia go Looming Crazy!

TB6CB4Y 

Note on this TB Trackable - Original gone missing.
The copy tag is about to be sent off on it's journey again, but this time with a new purpose! We are wanting to get to the 10th UK Anniversary Mega in Yorkshire!  Along the way i wish to collect as many keyrings that can attach to us as possible! Can you help me? Attach them to us and move us from cache to cache until we arrive at the UK MEGA IN 2018 HAPPY CACHING! Please take a pic or two. I would like to be reunited with my owner at the Mega event.

About This Item


Two Teddy bears named after the TB owner and her favourite caching dog Mia (Mel and Freddie's loveable doggie) One of England's most fashionable latest crazes of the year 2014!  The Loom Bands, but are they global and how many keyrings can we get on before we reach the Mega in 2018??


 Rae loves ladybirds

TB78FCB

Travelled over 10086.9 miles!!

Hello my name is Rae.  My favourite insect is the Ladybird. Because ever since I was a child, Ladybirds have always seemed to fascinate me or landed on me which I have forever thought to be lucky. Like most sayings! I find them to be my totem animal along with the Blackbird.

First if you wish to try and have a go at logging a travel bug try out with the one thats always on me, I ask people to discover, grab and place me everywhere to clock up miles and then I go and grab it back... so all you need to do is follow this:

Go to www.geocaching.com 

If you do not have an account you can easily set one up for free you don't have to geocache all the time or just find one or two... see where your craze takes you hehe! 

Press Play at the top and go down to trackables

In the search bit type in WBX9FJ (my trackable) and click log at the right hand side and enter your message say hello to me or something and say where your from and that you found my from my blog! 

Press log trackable and poof you've done it! Your first if not many trackables! :D 

 Now for some pictures from the tb page...












  Thanks

Cachers! :D

 

If you see yourself 

please track me at 

WBX9FJ! 

 

BLESSINGS RAE! <3  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thank you so much for visiting my site and wanting to comment and read! Feel free to say hello to me at raevienne.hewitt@gmail.com