Sunday 22 April 2018

Sporks and Cups!

 Dear Moonbeams, Sun beams and Tea lovers,

To say that it's been earth day dispite the random downpour that lasted thankfully only half an hour this morning...to help with Earth Day, not that I knew it at the time, mind you lol! I went to The Healing Clinic in York an Alternative Therapy clinic, I use to work at when it was opposite museum gardens.  Now moved to Merchent Gate in York, North Yorkshire, England, UK www.thehealingclinic.co.uk they had a little Sporks and Cups (will explain in a mo!) along side doing Open Studios an Event that is all around the city of York and surrounding Towns and Villages that companies and Artists open their doors and homes for people to brows their art work.

Open Studios - https://yorkopenstudios.co.uk/ 

A bit about the Healing Clinic where I use to work:

The Healing Clinic is a Community Interest Company  and we have provided a wide range of complementary therapies at reasonable rates since 1992 and offer our services to all ages, from pre-natal, ante-natal, through birthing assistance, to children, the elderly and all ages in between.

Directed by the lovely June Tranmer.

SPORKS! : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spork



The cups! OK HOPING This is going to save and publish this time! 

HAPPY GREEN CUPS! 

Today on Earth day when I finally figured it out when I bought it and June had told me! I did my bit for the planet and the world around me. 

Ok so I asked on Facebook if people knew what a 'Spork' was most cheated which I quickly found out by searching on google!! tsk tsk! lol
https://www.facebook.com/raevienne/posts/1624465140983581?notif_id=1524417738016987&notif_t=visual_poll_vote_feedback&ref=notif   if you wanted to see that post haha!

(why fb has such long urls!)

Anyway it says on the little flyer you get with the spork and cup Today you are doing your bit to help the world around you.  By purchasing and using this cup and spork you are helping to reduce landflit and ocean pollution, planting trees and also giving a homeless person a warm comforting drink.  Now thats a really worth a big smiley face!

The shocking fact is that more than 3 billion disposable cups used in the uk each year are not recycled.  You can find more out on www.iamreusable.co.uk 

-Rae-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Thank you so much for visiting my site and wanting to comment and read! Feel free to say hello to me at raevienne.hewitt@gmail.com